To recover a deleted SMS all we need is a tool or software which helps us in accessing deleted files by scanning all of the phone’s data files. So below are some of the frequently used tools to retrieve SMS or for that matter other kind of data file.
There are loads of tools out there to help you in recovering deleted messages both for Windows as well as Mac computers. Most of these programs are generally available for free or have some free trail period. You may choose any of the file recovery program but all of them do the same thing and that is scan the Android phone’s memory, identify deleted messages and recovering them. These recovery softwares or programs can recover other deleted files besides text messages. All of these programs basically involves three steps scan, preview deleted files and recover. So lets see some of the commonly used deleted files recovery tools:
MobileGo lifetime licenses)
Coolmuster Android SMS+Contacts Recovery
Android Data Recovery
How to retrieve lost messages or SMS on Android smart phoneMajorly all the data recovery tools will work the same with minor differences. So exact way will depend on the data recovery tool you choose but we will tell you a broad based way to recover your text messages.
- First thing you need to do is download any one of the three softwares listed above.
- After you successfully install it on your PC click on the program icon and launch it.
- After going through first two steps connect your Android phone with the system using a USB cable.
- Make sure USB debugging mode is on your android phone. If it is off then this trick will not work.
- Now simply follow the prompts in the data recovery tool to scan and analyze Android phone’s memory.
- Once the scanning is complete you will be presented with all the data files (both deleted as well as existing files).
- Deleted files will be shown only if they have not been over written by some new data and that is why it is really important to recover your lost SMS as soon as possible.
- After that you need to locate the text message folder and go through all the text messages. If you spot the deleted message either recover back it to device or save it in the computer.